Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wer & Wif's Flying Circus

Sorry I've been a bit quiet this week. On Tuesday night, I had a bit of a freak-out, break-down, what-have-you about the wedding. Pretty sure at one point, I threw up my hands, yelled "Our wedding is turning into a three-ring circus, and I'm the god damned ringmaster!" and let loose with a short bout of tears. Yeah.

I'm trying to regroup and figure out what caused the breakdown and what we can do to fix things. A lot of it stems from something I'm going to call, for the moment at least, "DIY bride overload." This is where your typical creative, practical bride-to-be jumps headfirst into wedding planning and things are going along swimmingly until WHAM! All of the things that were extra work, but still so cool and can we do it please? . . . suddenly seem overwhelming and unnecessary. That's where I am now.

BUT. As my lovely future husband reminded me, we have three and some-odd months left. There's still plenty of time to scale back and make things a little easier on ourselves. So over the next week or two, I'm committing myself to reevaluating all the "extras" and determining their true worth. Some of these evaluations will be easy - Do we need s'mores at the reception? That's a resounding yes. Do we need a trolley to ferry every guest between the church, reception site, and their hotel? Maybe not so much . . .

Stay tuned for the results!

No comments: