Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And the Lady Wore Ivory

The dress! By far, this was the easiest party of wedding planning for me. I've actually been eyeing this dress, the Sophia long from J. Crew, for about four years. Then, just two days after we got engaged, the dress was on sale - for just $200 (normal price is $295). I ordered it to see how I liked it in real life, it came within a few days (go J. Crew!), I tried it on, it fit, I liked it, and that was that. ;)

Model, front view

Model, back view

And me. I like the non-boring elegance of the dress, which is exactly what I said last week about the shoes I'm eyeing. Non-boring elegance. Sounds like a good wedding mantra to me.

P.S. You might be thinking, "Now Justin will see her in the dress before the big day!" It's ok - he's already seen me in the dress a couple of times. I decided long ago that I was going to keep the wedding traditions that made sense to me & trash the ones that didn't. That whole "can't see the bride in her dress or you'll get bad luck" one - yeah, that ain't working for us.

No comments: