Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Date Change

So I began this blog in March. At that point, we had the wedding date (in September 2010) nailed down and I had begun on much of the other planning. However, I was still in school in March and there was way too much going on for me to be posting on this, my third blog. My plan was to begin posting when we moved to our new apartment in June.

Then, we had a bit of a setback. My fiance is in the military and we found out that his 2010 deployment had become scheduled for August, the month before our scheduled wedding date. After some tears and anger, we moved on and spoke to both our minister and venue coordinator about changing the date.

And in the end, they both had a June 2010 date free. So, we got a shiny, brand-new date. I really liked the idea of a September wedding, but I'm getting used to a June date. The weather, for one, will be more reliably warm. Since we're having at least the reception outside, this is key.

And now that we have a date again, I felt comfortable enough to finally begin this blog. Not just comfortable, really, but excited again. :)

No comments: