Friday, September 4, 2009

That Girl (was) Gone

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I know - I've been gone forever. In my defense, I've been struggling to process the news about my grandmother as she starts palliative chemotherapy, Justin & I snuck up to PEI without telling you, our roommate/best man moved out (to Russia!), and I started a new job this week. And there's always wedding stuff. We're meeting with a local photographer we really like this afternoon.

However, I'm back, or I hope to be. Things will begin to settle down a little in the next few weeks & I really missed blogging here. I can't count how many times I sat down to write something & got distracted by other things (usually wedding related). So, with my apologies, forward into the breach!


I found two quotes recently that jumped out at me as the way I want to feel about my wedding day. The first is from one of the wedding blogs I read (and you should, too), A Practical Wedding. The second is from one of the "other parts of my life" blogs, Nothing But Bonfires.
  1. "It felt exactly how standing in the middle of a room surrounded by almost 100 people who love you should feel."
  2. "I can only think that it'll be like one of those wonderful dreams where suddenly everyone you love is in the same place. And all you have to do is walk towards them."
Because, as I commented on Nothing But Bonfires recently, ". . . isn't it the family time, the giggling time, the time with those we love, watching us marry the one we love, that is the most important part of all of this?"

No comments: