Saturday, April 10, 2010

Invitation, Schminvitation

Yeah, I don't know where I was going with that. But huzzah - our invitations are finally done and began winging their way around North America (and over to the UK) on March 31st!

It took us four days, working every free hour, to get everything printed, assembled, glued, sealed, and stamped. Yikes. But I'm really happy with the way they came out and we've gotten some really nice feedback already.


I find a nice glass of wine aids in the application of wax seals.
Seriously, who let me have alcohol whilst doing things with open flames?


Justin painstakingly gluing map-printed inserts into all of the envelopes. I'm lucky he still loves me. And that he let me post this photo of him with his shirt all unbuttoned. !!!


Come on, doesn't everyone invite the President and family to their wedding?

It took some practice, but I got to be a bad-ass at those wax seals. As a a historian, it's nice to know I've paid some eighteenth-century dues.


The full invitation suite. Please note map-printed envelope inserts in both the inner envelope and RSVP envelope. I cut all 202 and Justin glued them. If they didn't look so pretty, I'd have been really grumpy through that process.

Also - I would like to point out that the RSVP & enclosure cards came from 123 Print (our design) and the invites came from Invitation Consultants. Seeing them all laid out here, I think they look like they belong together!


Enclosure card, with wedding website address and
map from church to reception site (on reverse)


RSVP card and envelope


The most important piece - the invite with all of the details


All 101 invitations, sealed, stamped, and ready to go out!

No comments: