Friday, November 19, 2010

The Songs, Illustrated

So, this may sound a bit overconfident, but I think the music at our wedding was AWESOME. :) You may remember my post last February about possible ceremony songs. After I wrote it, Justin & I did some tweaking and picked a line-up of songs that really worked for us. We did the same for our list of reception songs - both the assigned songs for first & last dances and the fun songs we put on our DJ's suggested songs list.

In the end, I was so happy with all of our choices and everyone else seemed to love them, as well. Below, I've listed the songs, how they were used, a link to listen to them on youtube, and a photo that I think illustrates the song at our wedding. Enjoy. :)

Ceremony Prelude - Summer, from the Four Seasons, Vivaldi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go7wlUOC5dg)

Processional - All You Need is Love, The Beatles

Bridal Processional - Such Great Heights, Iron & Wine

Recessional - Such Great Heights, The Postal Service

First Dance - You Are The Best Thing, Ray Lamontagne

Father/Daughter Dance - Unforgettable, Natalie and Nat King Cole (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRtNMFfF-g)

Wedding Party Dance - Rainy Night in SoHo, The Pogues

The Electric Slide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMQfTJ3gYk)

Come on Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners

Also Come on Eileen (we really love to dance to that song)

More Come on Eileen

Seriously, we love that song (I even danced to it - in my head - the next morning in the shower stall of our wedding night suite)

(P.S. This song ended up our second-to-last, requested by our groomsmen. For a little back story, see here and here.)

Last Dance - Here Comes Your Man, The Pixies

Very loud sing-along song at 1am, during the after-party -
Don't Stop Believing, Journey